Buttery graham cracker crust filled with bright cranberry strawberry jam, topped with luscious almond pastry cream. This tart is a fun and unique twist on seasonal flavors. Now you can buy cranberries in the freezer section! Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries makes baking with cranberries all year round possible. This Cranberry Strawberry Almond Tart will be the talk of your next dinner party!
This strawberry jam tart is a delicious symphony of flavors and textures. The graham cracker crust provides a crumbly and slightly sweet base, offering a perfect contrast to the fruity burst from the layer of strawberry cranberry jam. The almond pastry cream adds a luxurious touch with its velvety texture and rich, nutty undertones, creating a harmonious blend that satisfies both the sweet tooth and the craving for something indulgent. Each bite delivers a delightful combination of crumbly, fruity, and smooth, making this tart an irresistible treat for any occasion.
Why you'll love this strawberry jam tart recipe
- The crunch from the crust paired with the jam and creamy pastry cream hits all the senses, it's the perfect balance of textures.
- Cranberry strawberry jam is a magical combo, it's pure fruity goodness! Not only is it delicious, it's actually very easy to make.
- Super thick and flavored with almond, the pastry cream is such a dream. You'll want to eat this pastry cream with a spoon!!
Here are a few notes on the jam tart ingredients:
- Frozen Cranberries and strawberries- fresh strawberries and Cape Cod Select frozen cranberries are a must in this recipe. They're harvested at peak freshness, frozen to lock in nutrients, and pre-washed, recipe ready!
- Graham crackers- crush up whole graham crackers, do not buy graham cracker crumbs, they taste lackluster
- Egg Yolks- do not use the whites, yolks are the key ingredient in pastry cream
- Whole milk and heavy cream- no substitutions, you need that high fat content. Adding heavy cream with the milk makes this almond pastry cream beyond dreamy and creamy, its my secret to making next level pastry cream
- Cornstarch- for structure and thickening.
- Almond extract- I love the flavor of almond, if you're not sure about your extracts taste then add ½ tsp, then add more to taste
See recipe card for quantities.
- Not a fan of strawberries? Raspberries would be just as delicious.
- If almond extract isn't your thing, orange zest would also be amazing!!
- Biscoff cookies in place of graham crackers would be such an awesome flavor combo!
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Make the crust and bake, set aside.
Step 2: Make the cranberry strawberry jam, set aside in the refrigerator.
Step 3: Make the pastry cream, set aside to cool down, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface. Place in the refrigerator until cold.
Step 4: Pour the cold cranberry strawberry jam on top of the graham cracker crust, spreading it out evenly. Pour the cold pastry cream on top of the jam, spreading it out evenly. Finish with fresh berries
- Use a tart pan with a removable bottom
- Make sure you really butter your tart pan, the graham cracker crust will stick if you don't.
- When making the jam, make sure you use cornstarch, it will thicken the mixture making it easier to cut and less messy. Taste the jam for sweetness, you may need more sugar depending on the cranberries and strawberries
- Really whisk the egg yolks, sugar, and cornstarch, you do not want any lumps
- Tempering eggs when making pastry cream can be stressful but the key to success is preparing everything beforehand, place a damp towel underneath the bowl of the egg yolks, granulated sugar, and cornstarch this will make it easier to pour the hot milk into the bowl while whisking, the bowl wont fly all over the place.
- Constantly whisk while on the stove, you will know the pastry cream is done when it starts to bubble, take it off the heat immediately and add the butter and extracts. After you pour the finished pastry cream into the bowl, place plastic wrap directly on top, if you don't it will form a skin and it will ruin the texture
Make sure you cover the pastry cream directly with plastic wrap or else it will form a skin. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. The pastry cream must be refrigerated.
The tart as a whole does not freeze well. The only component I would freeze is the graham cracker crust.
More Recipes You'll Love
Cranberry Strawberry Almond Tart
- Medium Saucepan
- 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rubber Spatula
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoon butter unsalted & melted
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup Cape Cod Select frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, cinnamon, sugar, and salt
- Pour in the melted butter, mix until completely combined
- Press into the tart pan, going up the sides until its evenly distributed
- Bake for 14 minutes
- Set aside to cool down
- Roughly chop the strawberries, about half inch dice
- In a medium saucepan, place the frozen cranberries, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and water. Stir until combined
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bow, stir it into the berry mixture
- Stir until all of the liquid is almost gone and thickened. Add the vanilla and almond extract off the heat, stir until mixed thoroughly
- Place in the refrigerator to cool
- Place the egg yolks, cornstarch, and sugar in a medium bowl, whisk until completely combined and homogenous
- Place the heavy cream and milk into a medium saucepan, heat the mixture on medium heat until its simmering
- Making sure your bowl is secure on the counter (place a wet towel underneath) pour half of the hot milk mixture SLOWLY while whisking constantly into the egg mixture, this is tempering the egg
- Take the tempered egg mixture and pour it back into the milk mixture on the stove, whisking constantly
- Keep whisking on the stove until it has thickened and its bubbling, at this point you can take it off the heat and add the butter, extracts, and salt
- Whisk until combined and the butter is incorporated, pour into a bowl, place plastic wrap directly on the surface so it doesn't form a skin
- Place in the refrigerator until cold
ASSEMBLING AND STORAGE
- Pour the cold cranberry strawberry jam on top of the graham cracker crust, spreading it out evenly
- Pour the cold pastry cream on top of the jam, spreading it out evenly
- Finish with fresh berries