These Nutella Cheesecake Brownies are a Nutella lovers dream! These delectable brownies boast a rich, fudgy brownie base crafted from a box mix, a luscious layer of no bake Nutella cheesecake, all crowned with Nutella ganache! Not only are they ridiculously tasty, but with the added bonus of being incredibly hassle-free to prepare.
The secret to their exceptional flavor lies in selecting a fudgy, deeply chocolatey box brownie mix. My personal favorite is Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate. To elevate the goodness, a teaspoon of espresso powder works wonders, intensifying the chocolate notes. A pinch of salt and a handful of chocolate chips further enhance the experience.
These tasty Nutella brownies were inspired by my Chocolate Mascarpone Mousse recipe.
Why you'll love this recipe
These tasty Nutella brownies have all of the textures. The fudgy brownie, silky cheesecake, and creamy Nutella ganache.
These Nutella cheesecake brownies look like you've spent hours in the kitchen but they don't require slaving away in the kitchen!
If you're a chocoholic like me, these are packed with triple chocolate goodness! The Nutella ganache would make anything taste good.
A cordless handheld mixer is a must in any bakers kitchen!
A good rubber spatula will make your life much easier when making these fudgy Nutella brownies.
My go to tool in the kitchen is a small offset spatula.
- Cream cheese: Full fat is a must, do not use low fat.
- Heavy cream: Creates volume in the no bake cheese.
- Powdered sugar: Dissolves easily into the heavy cream and also has cornstarch in it to create stability.
See recipe card below for quantities.
- If you aren't a fan of fudgy brownies you can make cakey brownies instead!
- Skip the Nutella ganache if you just want to make the no bake Nutella cheesecake and call it a day!
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions. These are just suggestions.
Step 1: Firstly, place the Nutella in a medium bowl. Place the heavy cream in a small saucepan, over medium heat bring it to a simmer. Pour it over the Nutella, stir until melted and smooth. If it's not melted you can place it in the microwave until melted. Place in the refrigerator until cooled down and slightly thickened.
Step 2: After you make the ganache, bake the brownies in an 8X8 square baking pan according to the box instructions, set aside to cool or place in the refrigerator to speed up the process. The parchment paper needs to go up and over the sides for easy removal.
Step 3: Place the Nutella and cream cheese in a bowl, beat until combined and smooth.
Step 4: The cream cheese and Nutella should be homogenous.
Step 5: Beat the powdered sugar and heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
Step 6: Gently fold the whipped cream into the Nutella mixture, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream. Fold until combined.
Step 7: The mixture should not be over mixed. Check to see if the brownies are completely cooled down before adding the cheesecake layer.
Step 8: Lastly, spread the Nutella cheesecake on top of the cooled down brownies, spreading it out evenly. Spread the Nutella ganache on top, making sure its evenly distributed. Place in the refrigerator until set and cold, about an hour or longer if you have time.
Hint: Finish the Nutella Cheesecake Brownies with flaky sea salt! It offsets the sweetness and salty chocolate is heavenly!
- The key to a smooth no bake cheesecake is the cream cheese has to be full fat and very soft. If you do not have time to take it out of the refrigerator, pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time checking in between.
- Don't under beat the heavy cream, you want stiff peaks to ensure the cheesecake is stable.
- Add coffee instead of water or 1 teaspoon of instant espresso powder to the box brownie mix.
Refrigeration Instructions: No bake cheesecake must be refrigerated, do not leave out room temperature for more than 2 hours. Place in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Freezer Instructions: Place in an airtight container for up to one month in the freezer.
Looking for other delicious sweet recipes like this? Try these:
Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
- Kitchen Scale
- Measuring Cups
- 8X8 baking pan
- Handheld mixer or stand mixer
- 1 Box Brownie Mix, baked according to the directions Ghirardelli is my favorite, make sure its fudgy
- 105 grams heavy cream
- 145 grams Nutella
- ½ cup Nutella
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese full fat, room temp (one brick)
- ½ cup heavy cream cold
- First, Bake the brownies in an 8X8 square baking pan according to the box instructions, set aside to cool. Make sure the parchment paper is going up and over the sides for easy removal.
- Place the Nutella in a medium bowl
- Place the heavy cream in a small saucepan, over medium heat bring it to a simmer. Pour it over the Nutella, stir until melted and smooth. If it's not melted you can place it in the microwave until melted.
- Place in the refrigerator until cooled down and slightly thickened.
- Beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- Place the Nutella and cream cheese in a bowl, beat until combined and smooth.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the Nutella mixture, being careful not to deflate the whipped cream. Fold until combined.
- Spread the Nutella cheesecake on top of the cooled down brownies, spreading it out evenly.
- Spread the Nutella ganache on top, making sure its evenly distributed.
- Place in the refrigerator until set and cold, about an hour or longer if you have time. Finish with flaky sea salt before serving.